Monday, December 29, 2008
On the other hand, could it be that these people know something we don't yet? Are we going to need to show a certain level of "support" to be able to function in the changed society? What if we don't? This is starting to creep me out.
Nah! Couldn't be. I think I'll stick with my fad theory.
Friday, December 26, 2008
- Joe the Plumber: A common man that asked a simple question of a candidate that the press had anointed.
- Tito the Builder: A legal immigrant and red blooded American citizen who challenged the press for not asking the right questions.
- Gregory the Executive: A corporate president who knows that the customer is NOT always right. His customers, the Big 3 of Detroit, asked him to help them feed from the trough. Instead, less as a business man and more as a true friend, he gave them some better, if not bitter, advice.
- Jesus the Carpenter: The King of Kings, the Hero of Hero's, THE True Messiah. The books of the Bible tell HIS-story. If you haven't read it yet, please start with the Gospel of John. Perhaps, if more people read of Him and less of the NYT's, we would all be familiar with the following verse:
(2 Thessalonians 3:10b NKJV)
Saturday, November 08, 2008
It's only been 4 days but my taxes have not yet gone up. My mortgage hasn't been paid for me either. I am sure the former will occur. The later? Not before Hell freezes over (I'm sure lord Obama is working on that right now - as soon as he fixes the world's climate).
I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor of their changing the name of the country? The can't use "Obama-Nation" It sounds too much like that book from the darkside that ridiculed his highness before the election. May I suggest the United States of OBoma? We can replace USA with U.S.O.B. I'm sure I have heard some frenchman call us that anyway (I think he was french; he asked me to pardon his language).
A liberal co-worker asked me why I wasn't at home pouting the day after the elections. I told him that I was disappointed but my hope is not in any politician. My Hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Jeremiah 17:7 NKJV)
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
- Reproductive Rights: I don't think any of us want to deny them the "choice" to reproduce. It's their desire to kill the child of the act of reproduction that is so wrong. They don't want to live with the consequences of their actions and think that this will absolve them of the responsibility. The innocent child does not get to choose.
- Death with Dignity: The victim here does make the "choice" but why? For the convenience of others? So as not to be a further burden on family members, friends, insurance companies, or the government? They make the choice once a doctor has told them they have only so many days to live. Their pain can be mitigated but that deadline scares them into taking things into their own hands. But how accurate is it? Doctors try to predict when we will be born but they are rarely accurate. What is their accuracy rate for our death date? A determined person will commit suicide but this law will absolve those responsible of any guilt, supposedly.
For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
(Genesis 3:5 NKJV)
Why is it that the left is so ready to keep us from killing the enemy of Liberty in war or the perpetrator of a violent crime with capital punishment but want the right to kill the weak and innocent child and the weak and sickly individual?
Saturday, October 18, 2008
- Joe is not licensed
- Joe is not a member of the union
- Several other questionable details
- AND, his name is not even Joe
Take heed all potential entrepreneurs, you will be punished. You can take solace in the fact that a President Obama would not want to punish you but that it is important to spread the wealth around. So why bother entrepeneur-ing? Let Joe do it. We are all going to get a piece of his action anyway.
To know Obama is to NObama.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I just read the IBD article:
Senator Obama and his fans are blaming President Bush, Senator McCain, and Capitalism for the Financial Crisis. Yet the facts seem to indicate that there is nothing "Free" about this market and that both President Bush and Senator McCain tried to sound the alarm several years back.
It also seems that what was being "marketed" was the legislative influence and our tax dollars and the good Senator from Illinois sure got his share.
To know Obama is to NOBAMA
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Hyperbole I'm sure but to think that bringing in Constitutional judges would "set us back" is telling. The left seems to have such a problem with history and the constitution. The Christian right I am familiar with does not want to bring slavery back, especially a "Race Based" slavery.
Two Points here:
- Race is not a biblically supported idea. It is better supported by Darwinisim (see Answers in Genesis).
- Slavery has not been limited in history to just one skin color. It's a sad note in our history that it existed at all and that skin color played a part in it.
Monday, September 08, 2008
It's a sad tale of tax dollars supporting programs to coerce people (especially poor people in poor countries) into getting sterilized. They don't want to care for their brother, just get rid of him.
Why is it that the "Pro-Choice" position seems to favor the rather permanent "choice" of death for somebody else? It's never a "choice" for schooling or healthcare. Debate isn't even allowed with some topics so we can make a choice. The choice has been made for us on Anthropogenic Climate Change and Evolution. The "Choice" always centers around fixing the unwanted consequences of a licentious lifestyle.
While reading the article, I was reminded of the bumper sticker slogan, "Keep your Morals off of My Body." How come that doesn't apply here?
Friday, September 05, 2008
What is a Community Organizer? What do they do? Well, obviously, they organize communities you nit wit (They say that like I'm supposed to know). But what does it mean to "organize a community?" How does one get such a position? Who are they accountable to? And, what are they supposed to accomplish? How do they serve the people? Or, Do they even serve the people?
Wait a minute! Why are we comparing the credentials of a presidential candidates with a vice presidential candidate? I suppose we need to know what they have done to see if they will do what they say they will do. But, shouldn't it be P to P and VP to VP? To be honest, I'm really less concerned about what they have done as compared to what they promise to do to me, err..., I mean for me in the future.
I think I will take the old guy who has taken some risks and made some mistakes over Mr. "Present" any day. And while an organized community sounds nice, I'd prefer the safer one with less taxes and more energy any day.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
The real question should be, "Did Biden win, or lose?"
And why do they want to take the money from MY pocket?
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
It's funny! The Democrats are so outraged about American Enterprises outsourcing work to foreign countries. Yet, they see no problem with the outsourcing of our energy supply. Can they really be concerned about the environment if they are willing to buy oil from despots that have shown little concern for the environment? Who is better prepared and motivated to protect the environment then American Companies on their own turf?
I wonder if our collective imaginations will be able to produce as much energy for our energy dependent economy as filling our tires with hot air? I wonder what the Speaker thinks about that?
Thursday, July 31, 2008
"There are things you can do individually, though, to save energy. Making sure your tires are properly inflated — simple thing. But we could save all the oil that they’re talking about getting off drilling — if everybody was just inflating their tires? And getting regular tune-ups? You’d actually save just as much!"
Bush said a couple of weeks ago,
"It's a little presumptuous on my part to dictate how consumers live their own lives," the president added. "I've got faith in the American people."
That was our President's reply to a reporter who asked him why he hasn't told the people to conserve more.
President Bush trusts us, the American People. He thinks of us as equals. He may have the highest rank in the country but he's not looking down from a pedestal.
On the other hand, what does the Senator from the land of Ill-Noise (pun intended) think of us? First off, he establishes that we the people caused this problem by driving around with under inflated tires. Second, we just need to follow his instructions to resolve this issue. That's why we need him as our president and why his Mrs. can finally be proud of this country.
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18 NKJV)
Thursday, July 24, 2008
What is this, "Citizen of the World" crap? He did claim to be a proud American first (Michelle is now proud so he can be proud too) but to expand his territory to the world? Not that he plans to be over the world but, I think, more likely to bring the USA under submission to the rest of the world. That ought to appease the Europeans. We can all be one big happy socialist family, sharing each other's wealth, and love, and wealth, (did I say wealth yet?) with and for each other. Man! That sounds grand. We can tap into all the money from all of those rich 2nd and 3rd world counties. Count me in. I want my fair share. I am sure our standard of living will go way up then.
That reminds me, whatever happened to that young guy that made his own "Citizen of the World" passport and tried to get into another country? Is he still in jail?
To know Obama is to NØ-Obama.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
A friend coined the phrase "Al-Gore-ithim" while we were discussing an Australian kid website where you can figure out how big your "Carbon Footprint" is. Turns out that if you don't eat meat, have kids, or do anything, you should be able to live forever. However, if you live a normal life, they want you dead by age 4. The earth would be a better place then. He figured that the program must be using a left leaning Al-Gore-ithim.
This one is shorter
A more truthful paraphrase of a popular liberal phrase.
Saturday, July 05, 2008
I recently toured one of the three Army forts that had been established in 1900 to defend the Northwest's Puget Sound: Fort Casey, Fort Warden, and Fort Flagler. These three forts created a "Triangle of Fire" for any enemy ships that might try to attack the Sound. The forts were not cheap to build or maintain. Hundreds of soldiers were stationed there during the first half of the 20th century. The enemy never came and the forts never saw any action. Was this a waste of resources?
Just think of the money and manpower we could save if we could only deployed troops where they would be needed? No "useless" forts or ships. No military personnel that have never seen combat. Target the enemy where they are and let everybody else go about their business. But, that is not the nature of war. Is it?
If any enemy realizes that all of our troops are committed to a specific area, instead of sending reinforcements there, they could just send a much smaller force to attack where we have no troops, causing greater damage and more casualties. With no reserves, our flanks are exposed.
Our defensive shield consists of more than just our troops committed to any immediate action:
- Ready airmen, marines, sailors, and soldiers are deployed around the world providing a first line response to any possible aggression. In the absence of aggression, they provide a fine deterrence.
- The National Guard and the Reserves provide a ready and able pool of Americans willing to step in and fill any gaps on short notice.
- If the gap widened, most of the veterans I know would gladly stand shoulder to shoulder again. Branch rivalry aside, all Civil Servants, Grunts, Puddle Pirates, Jarheads, and Squids* would gladly serve with each other.
- Last but not least, is our Second Amendment. A recent news report I heard said we have more guns per capita than any country in the world (They said this like it was a bad thing). Our armed citizenry is the ultimate poison pill for any future Napoleon or Hitler that is somehow able to breach the first three lines of our defenses.
I heartily thank all of those that have served, are serving, and will serve. For those of you who would rather see us become more like Europe: ready to appease the enemy, avoiding any aggression, and obliterating our Second Amendment right; I would like to wish a pox upon you. But that would not be right. You have the freedom granted in our First Amendment to say what you believe. I just don't like you because your are going to get us killed.
* For the uninitiated: Civil Servants = Air Force; Grunts = Army: Puddle Pirates = Coast Guard; Jarheads = Marines: and Squids = Navy.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Oh my gosh! I wonder if this guy is a Democrat or a Republican? (any odds on either?) Was he educated in a public or private school ? Was he educated at all? Does TV count? Does NPR give out diplomas?
Senator John McCain damaged his campaign when he admitted he didn't know anything about economics. I think Senator Barack Obama has shown us that he knows even less then the senior Senator.
It's bad enough when these two fine members of Congress are Econo-Ignorant (I suspect they are not alone) but I seem to remember we also had a President once who was afraid to let taxpayers have more of their money back because they (the taxpayer) may not spend it correctly. That's awful? We cannot be trusted to spend our own money? Well! Who made the money in the first place? Who made these rules anyway? How is it that a person who doesn't produce anything tangible can tell a person that trades what they did produce into money what they (the producer) can do with that money?
As bad as the Executive and Legislative branches sound, if the general populace (and I suspect that Mr. Guess is not alone either) believes that Congress has some pool of money they use to pay for everything before they tax the taxpayers, then we can only expect more taxes. Almost makes you to want to stop producing just to see how long NPR can survive.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
So why haven't I heard of this before? The Global Alarmists say that the period was "insignificant." One website said that they had no thermometers back then (duh!) and all of the evidence of a warmer period is "anecdotal." So, if the Vikings of AD 1000 didn't have any thermometers and could not have known what their temperatures were, how do the scientists of today know what the temperature was? Interestingly, the article also said that the warming trend was only local in Greenland and in parts of Europe. I guess they have an answer for everything and I should not question them. The debate has been settled after all.
I think these are the same people that the said the melting ice caps on Mars had no relationship the warming trend here on earth. Really?! I wonder what they are going to say about the increased storm activity at Jupiter's equator. Seems they are being attributed to the warmer temperature of that equator. Three planets, same solar system, all with signs of warming? A mere coincidence? Or, are the alarmists full of hot air? It's gotta go someplace.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, meanwhile, said she "made clear that the war must be brought to an end" as she met with top Iraqi and U.S. officials Saturday during a visit to Baghdad.
"It has already taken far too many American and Iraqi lives, it has cost far too much in money and the reputation of the United States, and it has drained far too much from the capability of our military," she said in a statement.
And we all lived happily ever after.
Do not put your trust in princes ( or Speaker), Nor in a son (or daughter) of man, in whom there is no help. (Psalms 146:3 NKJV)
Friday, May 16, 2008
Rush on Fit Over Bush's Truthful Statement on Appeasement
President Bush stats a policy he has applied since he took office of not speaking to unreasonable , terror supporting, dictators. And every Democrat that has violated that principle (have we heard from President Carter on this yet?) and accomplished NOTHING (Yes! I am talking to you Ms. Speaker), proving President Bush's point, has assumed that he is attacking Senator O-Wanna-be-President Obama. All I have to say is, "If the shoe fits, wear it" (And whatever you stepped in too).
Well said Mr. President . BZ
Friday, February 22, 2008
- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
- or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
- or abridging the freedom of speech,
- or of the press;
- or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,
- and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
- the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
Or to paraphrase:
- Congress cannot CONDONE nor SUPPRESS Religion (the core of our thinking). They cannot reduce our ability to speak, print, or discuss what we think with others. This is the freedom of thought.
- We are granted the ability with words to physically protect our thoughts from external and internal enemies who might want to remove our ability to think the way we want to think. This is the freedom to protect.
So why is it that the elitists want to attack or distort these Amendments? Is it because my thinking does not match their thinking and they want to be sure that my thinking doesn't upset their control...er, I mean plans for me?
Saturday, February 16, 2008
'unChristian' - Prison Fellowship
A quote he references in the article said, "Many of those outside of Christianity . . . reject Jesus because they feel rejected by Christians.” Wow!
I used to argue, er..., I mean debate with a co-worker who said, "Perception is Reality." I finally had to concede that maybe "Perception was Perceived Reality."
All this makes me ask; What "Reality" of Christ do I present to others?
Saturday, February 09, 2008
But causes the least amount of pain
He's right on life, keep them babies alive
But took a dive with the Keating Five
And contrary to our orders,
He seeks porous borders
Then there's Obama,
The Media darling, Oh mama.
The plans of President Barack
is sure to cause economic havoc.
And the Jihadist War of Terror?
His position is a grievous error
Last but not least is
Hillary the Beast
Her view of the village
will lead to much pillage
I'll take the pain of John McCain