Friday, September 05, 2008

Tough Choice: A Community Organizer or a Mayor

I think most voting Americans know what a mayor does. We get to choose our mayors. They have to campaign and convince us why we should choose them. Then, once elected, they are to be accountable to us, the people. They are to serve us.

What is a Community Organizer? What do they do? Well, obviously, they organize communities you nit wit (They say that like I'm supposed to know). But what does it mean to "organize a community?" How does one get such a position? Who are they accountable to? And, what are they supposed to accomplish? How do they serve the people? Or, Do they even serve the people?

Wait a minute! Why are we comparing the credentials of a presidential candidates with a vice presidential candidate? I suppose we need to know what they have done to see if they will do what they say they will do. But, shouldn't it be P to P and VP to VP? To be honest, I'm really less concerned about what they have done as compared to what they promise to do to me, err..., I mean for me in the future.

I think I will take the old guy who has taken some risks and made some mistakes over Mr. "Present" any day. And while an organized community sounds nice, I'd prefer the safer one with less taxes and more energy any day.

No comments: