- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
- or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
- or abridging the freedom of speech,
- or of the press;
- or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,
- and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
- the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
Or to paraphrase:
- Congress cannot CONDONE nor SUPPRESS Religion (the core of our thinking). They cannot reduce our ability to speak, print, or discuss what we think with others. This is the freedom of thought.
- We are granted the ability with words to physically protect our thoughts from external and internal enemies who might want to remove our ability to think the way we want to think. This is the freedom to protect.
So why is it that the elitists want to attack or distort these Amendments? Is it because my thinking does not match their thinking and they want to be sure that my thinking doesn't upset their control...er, I mean plans for me?