Friday, April 06, 2007

Resurrection Sunday 2007

Even so, come Lord Jesus.



I watched "The Nativity Story" for the first time last night. (I think Easter and Christmas are so closely tied together, I have no problem with watching Christmas Movies near Easter. Or singing Resurrection songs on Christmas.) I like how it portrayed the possible problems that Joseph and Mary had with their relationship with each other and their neighbors. And how God provides more then enough just in the nick of time.



The King of Kings and Lord of Lords delivered to man in such a meager way. God choose Joseph and Mary but He also tested them. A Bible teacher recently showed me that we read of the Biblical Saint's victories and defeats after the fact. They lived it. They were being tested when only God knew the outcome. We can learn a lot from their victories. Maybe even more from their mistakes.



God, I want to make less mistakes.



He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! (Revelation 22:20 NKJV)







Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: