Friday, August 14, 2009

Health Care Townhall

I went to Representative Rick Larsen's Town Hall meeting on Wednesday night in Everett. It had been originally scheduled to be in a room suitable for 300. It had to be moved to the Everett Memorial Stadium where the Everett Herald says there was 2,400.

Before Representative Larsen started, I overheard a lady say, "We wouldn't have to do this if we could trust business." So you want to trust government instead? I don't understand the liberal mindset; how does turning a private business into a public one make it more moral? What is the mechanism that accomplishes this?

A couple of "Progressives" I know say that if I don't like what a politician does, I can vote him out of office. But if I don't like what Target does to me today, I can go to WalMart tomorrow. If I don't like what my Congressman does, I have to wait 2 years to get rid of him (unless Acorn has other ideas). But even if I manage to Cap his term and Trade him/her for a new one the next election cycle, I am still stuck with paying/suffering whatever legislation was passed during their term. And, of course, the terms for the President and Senators is longer so we have to wait even longer to get rid of them.

It was clear to me that Representative Larsen favors the diabolical HR3200 which sets the trap for Socialized medicine. There is no place on earth where Socialized Medicine has outperformed the system we currently have. Our system does need work but I would prefer to see the Patient Choice Act (S 1099 or HR 2520) over any Nationalized system ever. Real Clear Politics has a good article on this called "An Alternative to Obamacare"

No comments: