Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do I want to see President Obama Succeed?

Well! Let me see.

Now that he is the President, hoping that President Obama fails is like hoping that the United States of America fails. However, if he enacts what he promised (and what the Progressives are drooling over) we will fail.

I would much rather see President Obama wake up to truth and change his policies. I want to see him:
  • Veto the Freedom of "CHOICE" (read death) act - because it is so wrong.
  • Honor and support our troops - because we need them.
  • Drill here, drill now - because we need it.
  • Cut taxes - because they don't need it.
  • Cut spending - because they can't handle it.
  • Seal the borders - because we only want Legal Immigrants.
  • Send the Gitmo detainees to a smaller island farther away (perhaps off of the coast of Antarctica) along with their lawyers - because we don't need or want them.
But then, President Obama is not the real problem; He is just a symptom. The real problem is the 52% of the voters that voted for him. And why did they do that?
  • He's going to bring "change."
  • He's soooo smart.
  • He's black.
  • He's not Bush.
  • He's going to stop Global warm, er... Climate change or whatever.
  • He will save our jobs.
  • He will pay our mortgages.
  • He'll tax the rich but not me.
  • He will do whatever we ask him and his big government to do for our 57 (or was that 58) states.
  • And they believe whatever the Main Stream Media tells them.
It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man.
(Psalms 118:8 NKJV)

Instead, I will pray that these great United States of America succeed. I think we have a chance.

But only -

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
(2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV)

We have a job to do. And while we are at that, perhaps some of the of the remaining Republicans can reach across the aisle and... slap some sense into those D's on the other side.

If we can turn to God's side, perhaps he will influence the President.

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.
(Proverbs 21:1 NKJV)

Then President Obama AND the United States of America will succeed.

Of course, the Democrats will still try to take credit for it.

That's my two cents worth (probably all of the change I will see for awhile).

No comments: